Panko fried avocado in air fryer- fried avocado made simple!
Avocados are a healthy and delicious way to boost energy levels and get essential vitamins and minerals. For one, they are a good source of fiber, which can help to regulate digestion. They are also high in monounsaturated fat, which can help to lower cholesterol levels. Additionally, avocados contain antioxidants that can protect the body against cellular damage. So how do you eat them?
There are so many different ways to enjoy avocado. You can simply eat it plain or add it to other dishes for extra flavor and nutrition. Avocado is an excellent addition to salads, sandwiches, wraps, and desserts. Now and then I like to cook them too!
I love the creamy texture and nutty flavor of the avocado, but it can become bitter and soggy if it is not cooked right. So, this is why I find that air fryer fried avocado is the best way to cook them. In this air-fried avocado recipe, we will use panko breadcrumbs to give it an extra crispy layer on the outside.
Things to note:
Picking avocados: There are a few things to consider when choosing avocados. Firstly, look at the color of the avocado skin. Select those with a darker green color as this gives a good indication of the ripeness. Secondly, hold the avocado in the palm of your hand and gently press with your fingers. Select avocados with firm pressure as this indicate that it is just ripe enough to eat. Finally, look for brown spots or bruising as this usually will cause some browning on the inside.
Storing avocados: Place them in a cool and dry place. Storing them in the fridge will slow down the ripening process. If you have picked underripe avocados and need to ripen them quickly, put them in a paper bag. You can add an apple or banana to the paper bag to help it mature.
Handy tip: When storing avocados that have already been cut in half, it is best to leave the skin and pit on as this slows down the browning process. Then you can glad wrap it and put it in the fridge.
Cutting avocados: Start by slicing them in half lengthwise. Then, twist the two halves apart and remove the pit. Next, use a knife to score the flesh of the avocado into slices by running the tip of the knife lengthwise. Finally, scoop out the slices with a spoon. Another way to do it is to remove the skin after cutting it in half. To remove the skin, score the skin by making lengthwise marks. Then pick the tip of the skin off and peel it off. Once the skin is removed, place it on a chopping board and cut it into lengthwise slices.
Tips when making air-fried avocados in the air fryer:
- When picking the avocados, try to pick similar-sized ones. As you need to place these slices in one layer in the air fryer basket, it is easier to layer them if they are all of the similar lengths. Another thing to remember is to choose the small-sized avocados where you have a small air fryer and big-sized avocados for larger air fryers.
- Leave small gaps between the avocado slices so they can be crisped evenly and on the edges.
- Using air fryer parchment paper or silicone air fryer liner is optional, but it will help prevent small bits from sticking to the air fryer basket. This will make lifting the avocado slices out in one piece easier once they are cooked.
- Serve them on their own for a cocktail party.
- Add them as a side to some air-fried meatballs.
- Replace potato chips with these air fryer avocado slices and serve them with your favorite burgers.
- They would make a great side dish for air-fried snapper fillets.
- Add these air-fried avocado slices to a juicy piece of air-fried pork ribs to make your meal sensational.
Panko air-fried avocado
- 1 Deep flat plate
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 Non-scratch tongs
- 1 Parchment paper or silicone liner optional
- 2 whole Avocados
- 160 grams Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Truffle salt Can be replaced with garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 4 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Mustard
- Black pepper
- Lemon juice
- Cut the avocados into 1-centimeter (0.4 inches) thick slices. Refer to the“Cutting avocados” section above on how to cut the avocados.
- Combine the Panko breadcrumbs, dried parsley, truffle salt (or garlic salt), and black pepper in a deep flat plate. Stir and mix the ingredients.
- Spray the air fryer basket with avocado oil spray or place air fryer parchment paper or silicone liner in the air fryer basket.
- Roll and cover each avocado slice with the breadcrumb mixture, place a single layer inside the air fryer basket, and spray a light layer of avocado oil.
- Place the air fryer basket into the air fryer and set the temperature to180 degrees Celsius (356 degrees Fahrenheit) for 5 minutes.
- Make the dipping sauce by combining the mayonnaise and mustard together. Then sprinkle with some black pepper and add a few drops of lemon juice. Give it a good stir to combine the ingredients together.
- When the air-fried avocado slices are ready, lift them out of the air fryer basket with non-scratch tongs and serve with the dipping sauce. Refer to our “Serving suggestions” above for more ideas on what to serve them with.